[R] help with cluster stopping rules

Henric Nilsson (Public) nilsson.henric at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 19:06:06 CET 2007

Den 2007-02-17 08:15, GRAHAM LEASK skrev:
> Is there a function available in R that implements Mojena's Upper
> Tail Rule or that draws a Mojena plot?
>
> I would also like to find a function that implements Duda and Hart's
> stopping rule.
>
> Finally with function cophenet how can I achieve a straightforward
> Cophenet correlation coefficient (i.e. one number for example 0.876)

I'm neither aware of the function `cophenet' (and RSiteSearch couldn't
find it) nor the ``...Cophenet correlation coefficient...''.

> that gives the agreement between the structure of the data as
> interpreted by the clustering method and the original data?

 From this description, you're probably looking for the cophenet*ic*
correlation. `cophenetic' (in package `stats' that ships with R)
computes cophenetic distances, and from these and the original distances
it's straighforward to get what you want using `cor'. See `?cophenetic'
for examples.

HTH,
Henric