[R] Proper way to typeset the symbol for R in LaTeX?

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Feb 15 17:02:53 CET 2007

Hoping this is not off topic...

I am in the process of writing some tutorials for my students for
learning R, and naturally I'm using Sweave for this. So suddenly a
question occurred to me: LaTeX has a recommended way of typesetting
the TeX and LaTeX symbols, via the \TeX and \LaTeX commands. Is there
a similar command for the R symbol, or in general are there any
guidelines/recommendations on how to typeset the letter R when
referring to the  R language?

Haris