[R] how to report logistic regression results

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Feb 14 15:30:02 CET 2007

Edwin Commandeur wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am comparing logistic regression models to evaluate if one predictor
> explains additional variance that is not yet explained by another predictor.
> As far as I understand Baron and Li describe how to do this, but my question
> is now: how do I report this in an article? Can anyone recommend a
> particular article that shows a concrete example of how the results from te
> following simple modeling can be reported:
>
> glm1  = glm(DV ~ A, family = binomial)
> glm2  = glm(DV ~ A + B, family = binomial)
> anova(glm1, glm2, test = "Chisq")
>
> Any help on how this simple kind of modeling should be reported is
> appreciated.
>
> Greetings,
> Edwin Commandeur

There are many ways, including odds ratios and partial effect plots and
Brier scores.  For a pure likelihood measure I talk about an 'adequacy
index' (adequacy of the smaller model) in my book, which was used in a
medical paper:

@ARTICLE{cal85,
   author = {Califf, R. M. and Phillips, H. R. and others},
   year = 1985,
   title = {Prognostic value of a coronary artery jeopardy score},
   journal = J Am Coll Cardiology,
   volume = 5,
   pages = {1055-1063}
}