[R] RE3: Suddenly "Subscript out of bounds"

roderick.castillo at metanomics.de roderick.castillo at metanomics.de
Wed Feb 14 11:18:58 CET 2007

Hello Thierry

Sorry for my assumption about automatically updating R itself.

Your question is a reasonable one. I have to update the modules
regularly because the users urge me to do so. Updating R itself
means more work, specially if you have to recompile all modules!

Of course you can just move the existing module files to the library
location of the new version (or relink it), but I don't know if this
procedure
works "officially" or just by chance, and secondly, self-installed module
files are mixed up with R own core modules, so I wouln't know how to
separate them clean and sure.

I am open for any ideas!

Bye
Rick

             "ONKELINX,
             Thierry"
             <Thierry.ONKELINX                                          An
             @inbo.be>                  <roderick.castillo at metanomics.de>
                                                                     Kopie
             13.02.2007 18:07           <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
                                                                     Thema
                                        RE: RE2: [R] Suddenly "Subscript
                                        out of bounds"

Roderick,

I'm not suggesting that you need a script to update R automatically. I
don't think it is possible to do that. I just was wondering why you are
so eager to update all the packages daily, but still are working with an
outdated version of R.
Myself, I tend to check the R lists for new updates on R and it's
packages.

Thierry

----

ir. Thierry Onkelinx

Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Reseach Institute for Nature
and Forest

Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance

Gaverstraat 4

9500 Geraardsbergen

Belgium

tel. + 32 54/436 185

Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be

www.inbo.be

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully
considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt

A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of
uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney