[R] error using user-defined link function with mixed models (LMER)

Ken Knoblauch knoblauch at lyon.inserm.fr
Sun Feb 11 16:15:54 CET 2007

Isn't it the case, that since R 2.40 that all one ought to need do is
define one's own link and pass it to the family, rather re-defining the whole
family?

CHANGES IN R VERSION 2.4.0

 o	make.link() now returns an object of class "link-glm".
	The GLM families accept an object of this class for their
	'link' argument, which allows user-specified link functions.
	Also, quasi() allows user-specified variance functions.

I thought that was the point of the example on the family help page.

ken

Douglas Bates a écrit :
Look at the 'link' component of the two lists.  In the binomial family
object the link component is a character vector of link 1.  In your
logexposure family object it is a list of length 5.

--
Ken Knoblauch
Inserm U846