[R] Local R Users Groups?

Talbot Katz topkatz at msn.com
Fri Feb 9 19:47:10 CET 2007

Hi.

I have only recently become a regular R user, and have already benefited
from the R-help list (Thank you!).  I have spent many years in the SAS world
(insert your own sassy remark here), which has its own very nice users list
site (http://listserv.uga.edu/archives/sas-l.html), plus users groups at
local, regional, and higher levels
(http://support.sas.com/usergroups/intro.html).  I've learned a lot and met
many interesting folks at SAS users group meetings.  So now I'm wondering
whether there are local R users groups, specifically in the New York City
metropolitan area.  I would like to join such an NYC-based organization, if
it exists.  Otherwise, if there are any R users in the NYC area who'd like
to form a local R users groups, I'd happily help to spearhead such an
effort.

--  TMK  --
212-460-5430	home
917-656-5351	cell