[R] problem with eigen() function

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Fri Feb 9 17:46:22 CET 2007

This problem reminds me of the problem described in:

tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/*R*/devel/03b/1304.html

In that case a specific matrix causes 'eigen' to return
NaNs in the eigen vectors.  But dumping the matrix
and reading it back in does not reproduce the problem.
That you are getting a hang rather than merely garbage
returned is considerably more annoying I would imagine.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com