[R] Impossible to get jpeg or png output

Mahieux Dimitri dimitri.mahieux at student.uclouvain.be
Thu Feb 8 17:50:49 CET 2007

Hi,

When I want to output a png file, I have the following error message :

Error dans X11(paste("jpeg::", quality, ":", filename, sep = ""), width,  :
        inpossible de démarrer le périphérique JPEG
De plus : Warning message:
impossible d'ouvrir le fichier JPEG 'Test.jpeg'

or in english

Error in X11(paste("jpeg::", quality, ":", filename, sep = ""), width,  :
        inpossible to start the JPEG peripheral
Warning message:
impossible to open the file JPEG 'Test.jpeg'

I've checked the capabilities which give :

 > capabilities()
    jpeg      png    tcltk      X11 http/ftp  sockets   libxml     fifo
    TRUE     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE
  cledit    iconv      NLS
    TRUE     TRUE     TRUE

So I don't understand why I can't have a jpeg file ( or png file because
I've the same problem to)

Any Idea ?

Thx a lot