[R] Zeta and Zipf distribution

Mauro Rossi Mauro.Rossi at irpi.cnr.it
Thu Feb 8 16:55:57 CET 2007

Dear David,
	thank you for your reply.
I tried to use the package VGAM, the function "zipf" and also the
function "zetaff", but these functions don't allow me to estimate
parameters directly, I have to use a Gerneralized Linear Model or a
Generalized Additive Model (vgam or vglm functions) and I don't want to
use those. Don't you know a way to apply these tools to my data?
At the end my PMF has to be Y=f(X) where f(X) is a zeta or a zipf
distribution, while using VGAM the PMF is Y = b0 + b1*f(X1)+ ...
+bn*f(Xn). Do you know how I can write the script using the VGAM
function for the PMF I need?

Thank you in advance,

Mauro Rossi