[R] Icon proposal

Frederik Elwert felwert at uni-bremen.de
Wed Feb 7 22:56:39 CET 2007

Hello!

In my eyes, the R logo looks somewhat old-fashioned and I don't like
that 3D-ish style. Therefor, I played a bit around with Inkscape and
made an R logo according to the Tango Icon Theme Guidelines
<http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines>. It is in SVG
format, and therefor scalable, but optimized for 48x48 and larger.
Smaller sizes might need some retouching to stay sharp.

Not everybody might feel about the R logo as I do, so this is in no way
an attempt to replace the current logo. But maybe somebody likes the
look of my new logo and wants to use it as an icon or something.

The SVG file:
http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~felwert/R/R.svg

The logo in about the size of the R's website's logo:
http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~felwert/R/Rlogo-neu.png

The logo as 48x48 icon:
http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~felwert/R/scientific-r-48.png

The files themselves are Public Domain, the logo is property of the R
Foundation, I assume - but I couldn't find anything specific on the web
site, so I welcome information on that topic.

I'd like to hear what you think about the logo and if it is of any use
for you.

Regards,
Frederik