[R] boxplot statistics in ggplot

Vikas Rawal vikasrawal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 16:44:54 CET 2007

Hi,

Let me first congratulate you for having written the reshape
package. It is very nice and I use it all the time. I wish the
documentation was a bit easier. It took me quite some time to find my
way through it!! But once I got the hang of how it worked, I just
loved it.

With ggplot, this is my first encounter!!

I actually find the labels on the plots quite useful. For example, to
put identifiers for the outlier observations so that my co-researchers
can dig deeper into data to see if something is wrong. Similarly, it
is useful to be able to put the exact values on the plots. It is much
nicer to be able to see the spread of groups of your data while you
compare the medians/means!!

I will see if I can manage the boxplot.weighted myself. But how does
one add the values!! Is the next version round the corner? Is there a
way one could do it with the present version?

Again, congratulations for all the good stuff you have written!!

Vikas