[R] Reshaping wide form to long form of repeated measure data

Abdus Sattar upsattar at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 00:54:47 CET 2007

Hello R-users:

I am new to the R-world. I am trying to reshape the "wide" longitudinal data into the "long" form. I have used the following codes for the attached data file "xyw1.rda":

long=reshape(xyw1, idvar="Subject", varying=list(names(xyw1)[9:15]), v.names="Ddimer", timevar="time", direction="long")

I was expecting 10 clusters but when I run the geeglm it is analyzing many more clusters(70) with cluster size =1.  How can I modify this code so that there would be only ten (10) clusters and size of the each clusters would be seven (7)?  Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Best Regards,

Sattar