[R] RSNPper SNPinfo and making it handle a vector

David Duffy David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au
Mon Feb 5 22:37:45 CET 2007

And Vincent Carey 525-2265 <stvjc at channing.harvard.edu> wrote:

> additionally, snpper is not particularly well maintained (builds seem
> pretty old) and i think it is going to be replaced.  so i don't plan
> to put much more effort into it until i learn more about snpper.chip.org
> durability.

You might instead look at Ensembl via the biomaRt package  -- the HapMap
Biomart interface does not (yet) implement the XML Mart interface that BiomaRt
uses (boo hiss).  These _are_ vectorized.  I have made a couple of
wrappers specific to SNPs, which you can email me about if they sound
useful ("snps.by.name", "snps.by.region", "annotate.snps", "maf": they
probably need to be updated before I show them off ;)).

David Duffy