[R] Problems installing R-2.4.1 on Solaris 11 x-86 from source: error in "gmake" after successful "configure"]

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Feb 5 21:20:09 CET 2007

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Roger Bivand wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Octavio Tourinho wrote:
>
> > Dear friends,
> > I am trying to install R-2.4.1 from source on Solaris 11 x-86_64.
> > running on Sun Ultra-20 workstation, and using the SunStudio 11 compilers.
> >
> > I was able to "configure" R correctly, but received an error in "make",
> > aparently related to bzip2 which I have been unable to debug.
> > The messages are listed below.
> > The configure.log and configure.site and teh terminal output with the
> > error message files are attached.
>
> If you read your site settings *carefully*, you will see that at least
> some are not prefaced by <tag>=. They will then not be recognised and
> inserted where needed, leading to chaos. Please go through your site
> settings once again and correct them. Here is an example that just will
> not work:

Sorry, my mistake - the line breaks were in my mail client, not your
original. Do you want to mix gcc and g77 with the SunStudio compilers? You
are at the moment (from your configure output), not setting CC or F77 but
setting CXX and FC. Is this an appropriate list for your question?

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no