[R] Rconsole - setting the size and location of Windows help files (Rgui)

john.gavin at ubs.com john.gavin at ubs.com
Mon Feb 5 16:09:59 CET 2007

Hi,

Using the Rconsole file I can specify the size and location of the Rgui
windows on NT.
e.g.
# Dimensions (in characters) of the console.
rows = 51
columns = 100

How can I specify the size of the help windows that popups
when I ask for help? e.g. '?help'
I would like the popup window to have say rows = 51 and columns = 100,
just like the main window but a different location on the screen.

In my .Rprofile file I have set 'options(winhelp=FALSE)'.

platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          4.1
year           2006
month          12
day            18
svn rev        40228
language       R
version.string R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)

Regards,

John.

John Gavin <john.gavin at ubs.com>,
Commodities, FIRC,
UBS Investment Bank, 2nd floor,
100 Liverpool St., London EC2M 2RH, UK.
Phone +44 (0) 207 567 4289
This communication is issued by UBS AG and/or affiliates to
institutional investors; it is not for private persons. This is a
product of a sales or trading desk and not the Research Dept.
Opinions expressed may differ from those of other divisions of UBS,
including Research.  UBS may trade as principal in instruments
identified herein and may accumulate/have accumulated a long or short
position in instruments or derivatives thereof.  UBS has policies
designed to negate conflicts of interest.  This e-mail is not an
official confirmation of terms and unless stated, is not a
recommendation, offer or solicitation to buy or sell.  Any prices or
quotations contained herein are indicative only.  Communications
may be monitored.

 © 2006 UBS.  All rights reserved.
Intended for recipient only and not for further distribution without
the consent of UBS.

UBS Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under company
number 2035362, whose registered office is at 1 Finsbury Avenue,
London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.

UBS AG (London Branch) is registered as a branch of a foreign company
under number BR004507, whose registered office is at
1 Finsbury Avenue, London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.

UBS Clearing and Execution Services Limited is a company registered
in England & Wales under company number 03123037, whose registered
office is at 1 Finsbury Avenue, London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.