[R] LyX 1.4.3-5 problem generating PDF documents

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 3 15:11:37 CET 2007

I just changed machines and, at first, could not get
LyX 1.4.3-4 to even load.  I tried 1.5 which loaded
nicely but would not give me PDF output.  Removed 1.5
tried using 1.4.3-5.exe. Result : On loading LyX :
  lyx: Disabling socket
  cont class std::basic_string<char struct std:
char::char_traits ...

Removed and installed from LyXWin143Complete-2-9.exe.
Loads okay but no PDF generation. My PDF reader, Foxit
Reader loads but nothing is produced.

I have managed to produce a postscript doc and convert
it using Ghostscript.

Could this just be a Foxit problem? As soon as I
figure out how to reset the Adobe to default pdf
reader I'll try it out.