[R] tcltk again

Richard Müller r.mueller at oeko-sorpe.de
Sun Dec 30 17:55:33 CET 2007

Oops, I just sent the wrong mail. It should be the following one. Please
delete my mail from 30.Dez. 17:51

Sorry, but I don't really understand the recommended method using the tk-Box
"tkGetSaveFile".
I wrote the following code:
X11()
# some code to generate a plot on the screen omitted

res <-    tkmessageBox(title="Finish?",
      message="save as PDF?",
      icon="question", type="okcancel")

if (tclvalue(res) == "ok")
    Datei <- tkgetSaveFile(initialdir="temp/",defaultextension=".pdf",
    initialfile="Haupt_Chl_Phaeo.pdf")
    dev.copy(pdf, tclvalue(Datei))
else graphics.off()
graphics.off()

In the moment I'm saving I dont have the pdf generated yet. If I put it the
other way round:
dev.copy(pdf, tclvalue(Datei))
if (tclvalue(res) == "ok")
    Datei <- tkgetSaveFile(initialdir="temp/",defaultextension=".pdf",
    initialfile="Haupt_Chl_Phaeo.pdf")
I don't have the filename specified when it is needed.
(But today I could finish the Windows versions at last, using WinDialog ;-)

Greetings
Richard

--
Richard Müller - Am Spring 9 - D-58802 Balve-Eisborn
www.oeko-sorpe.de