[R] nlme package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Dec 27 11:10:16 CET 2007

AGAIN, please do not crosspost!

Vallejo, Roger wrote:
> In using the NLME package (R 2.6.1 for Windows),

Which version of nlme? nlme is a contributed package that can be updated
independently of R releases.

> I am having a problem in running an R script that used to run with no problems using a Linux OS in 2004. So I am wondering if during these last ~3 yrs we had major changes in the syntax of the NLME package that I am not aware.

For sure you are not aware. And which version of nlme have you used in 2004?

> This is the R script:
>
> library(nlme)
>
> treat=as.factor(c(1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2))
> mouse=as.factor(c(1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4))
> time=as.factor(c(1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2))
>
> mouse.anova=function(vec){lme(vec~treat+time+treat*time,random=~1|mouse/time)}
>
> lme.out=apply(exprmat,1,mouse.anova)

Well, out error message is:

Error in apply(exprmat, 1, mouse.anova) : object "exprmat" not found

Guess why ... and re-read the posting guide, please.

Uwe Ligges