[R] how to remove paths from where library() looks for packages

Lynd Bacon lbacon at lba.com
Tue Dec 25 03:07:28 CET 2007

Greetings.  My current installation of R 2.6.1 on Unbuntu 7.10 ("Gutsy")
is looking for packages in a directory that doesn't contain any:

 > library()
Warning message:
In library() : library "/usr/lib/R/site-library" contains no packages

 > .libPaths()
[1] "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library" "/usr/lib/R/site-library"
[3] "/usr/lib/R/library"

I'd like to eliminate the path to the empty directory so I don't get
this vexsome warning message.  Any and all suggestions will be greatly
appreciated!

Cheers,

Lynd