[R] persp(): how to control the distance between the axis and the axis labels

Artur Matos arturmatos78 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 14:07:44 CET 2007

Hi,

I have been using persp() to draw 3D surface plots of my data,
but I always run into a small problem: If use the standard settings,
the axis
labels always end up too close and overlapping the the axis numbers.
Is there
any setting for controlling the distance between the axis labels and the
axis themselves? I have been going through the persp() and par()
documentation,
and I could not find anything.

In case it is of any help, this is the call I am using:

est <- bkde2D(x, bandwidth=c(2,0.1))
persp(x=est$x1, y=est$x2, z=est$fhat, phi =30, theta =20, d=
5,ticktype="detailed", xlab="Beta'", ylab="K'", zlab="Density",
main="Grammar Based")

Best regards,

Artur.