[R] Problems with EMACS-ESS on Ubuntu

Tom La Bone booboo at gforcecable.com
Tue Dec 25 22:30:39 CET 2007

Yes indeed. As usual, I found the answer to my question shortly after I
posted it to the forum. John Fox clearly describes this behavior in his
paper "An Introduction to ESS + XEmacs for Windows Users of R". I guess I
was confused because the version of Emacs/ESS I installed on Windows
(courtesy of Vincent Goulet) did not require me to confirm that I wanted to
use R. Thanks everyone for the assistance.

Tom