[R] odfWeave cross-reference

Emmanuel Charpentier charpent at bacbuc.dyndns.org
Sun Dec 23 11:51:49 CET 2007

Chris.H. Snow a écrit :
> How can I insert cross-references to odfWeave generated figures in my
> source odf before the graphic has been created with odfWeave?

In the current (0.6.0) version, you can't. I wrote some modifications to
odfWeave in this direction, planning to send them back to Max Kuhn after
some testing, but am currently unable to work on them.

Basically, you have to separate the creation of a reference to a
table|figure from the creation of the table|figure itself. The simplest
way is to be able 1) to create some forme of R object containing the
necessary reference info, 2) to use such an R object in ordre to insert
the XML code for reference and|or 3) to pass such an object as an
optional argument to table|figure caption creation.

My current set of functions allows all of the above, but is not
correctly integrated in the package, and has not been tested extensively.

HTH,

					Emmanuel Charpentier