[R] Forestplot

francogrex francogrex at mail.com
Fri Dec 21 21:35:29 CET 2007

Answering my own query here's a solution (if any reader was curious):

forestplot=function(mean,std,conf,threshold){
z=-qnorm((1-conf)/2)
CI.H <- mean+z*sqrt(std) # Calculate upper CI
CI.L <- mean-z*sqrt(std) # Calculate lower CI
plot(mean,1:length(mean),xlim=c(min(CI.L),max(CI.H)),pch=15,cex=1,
ylab="",xlab="mean & CIs",main="Forest plot")
arrows(mean,1:length(mean),CI.H,1:length(mean), angle=90,length=0.05)
arrows(mean,1:length(mean),CI.L,1:length(mean), angle=90,length=0.05)
abline(v=threshold,lty=3)
}