[R] R script to start session (without automatically finishing)

Philipp Fechteler philipp.fechteler at hhi.fraunhofer.de
Fri Dec 21 17:56:32 CET 2007

Hello R friends

I am quite impressed by the power of R, I am using it only since some
weeks now. But its visualizing capabilities are outstanding!

But one thing I couldn't solve: I have programs producing lots of data,
most times 3D. In R I am using the library rgl to visualize nicely the
3D data.

What I would like to do is to write R scipts which read in a data file
and show me the 3D rgl plot. So that on the command line I just call my
newly written R script, which pops up the rgl window. This session
should run until I close the rgl window or press a button or something
like this.

Currently, I can write R scripts
- using Rscript or
- http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/04/05/0500.html
But both approaches contain the problem that the rgl window pops up for
just a moment, and then the program terminates.

Does any body has an idea, what to do? Help would be very appreciated.

Thank's a lot and ... Marry Christmas + Happy New Year

Philipp

Dipl.-Ing. Philipp Fechteler
Department Image Processing
Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications
Heinrich-Hertz-Institut (HHI)
Einsteinufer 37
10587 Berlin, Germany
Phone	+49 30 31002 616
Fax	+49 30 392 72 00
Email	philipp.fechteler at hhi.fraunhofer.de
WWW	http://iphome.hhi.de/fechteler

----
Visit us at

FOE 2008 (8th Fiber Optics Expo) / Tokio Big Sight, Japan / 16 - 18 January 2008 / Booth 2 - 50
http://www.foe.jp/english