[R] comparing poisson distributions

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Dec 20 22:53:18 CET 2007

The other one I should have mentioned:

5.1:  Use the glm function with family = poisson.  The counts are the y
variable and the x variable is either 0/1 or a 2 level factor indicating
which group the values come from.  The p-value for the slope of x tests
for a difference in the 2 groups.

5.2 if this is just to make someone happy who always wants a p-value,
but doesn't understand it and will never actually use it, then use
runif.

5.3 ...

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.