[R] Computing normal conf.intervals

Jonas Malmros jonas.malmros at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:09:25 CET 2007

Hi everybody,

I wonder if there is a built-in function similar to Matlab's "normfit"
which computes 95% CI based on the normality assumption.
So, I have a vector of values and I want to calculate 95% normal CI.
Of course, I could write my own function, no problem, but I still
wonder if built-in functionality exists. (I wish quantile() had this
functionality included).
Anyone knows?

Also, I wonder if there is a function similar to Matlab's "flipud".
Obviously there is package "matlab" which has this function, but I
wonder if I can turn a matrix upside-down without loading matlab
package.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best,
JM