[R] PCA - "cov.wt(z) : 'x' must contain finite values only"

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Tue Dec 18 19:51:40 CET 2007

The problem is the missing values.  The argument "na.action" is not active
in princomp(), which I think is a bug, even though the help page claims that
"factory fresh" default is na.omit.

So, you need to either get rid of the rows with any missing values in them,
or use a PCA code that can deal with missing values by somehow imputing
them.

Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu