[R] calculating the number of days from dates

bogdan romocea br44114 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 18:46:51 CET 2007

> Sorry for using library instead package, but
> library() is one command for using packages.

... which is why all efforts to make folks say "package" instead of >>
"library" << are doomed to fail, IMHO. Besides, in English, "library"
also means "a collection of software or data usually reflecting a
specific theme or application" (#9 on the list from
http://dictionary.reference.com/ ). Therefore:
   > "library" == "package"
   [1] TRUE!
and just about the only way to clear up the "confusion" would be to
rename library() to package(), and replace "library" with "folder" or
"directory".