[R] margin between plot region and axes

Albert Greinoecker albert.greinoecker at uibk.ac.at
Mon Dec 17 22:19:37 CET 2007

Am Montag, den 17.12.2007, 21:22 +0100 schrieb Scionforbai:
> > My question: is there a way to add axes the usual way (as tried for
the
> > first graphic), but to erase the margin, so that the axes start at
point
> > (0/0) in my case.
>
> Not really sure if this is what you ask, but maybe you should call
> your first plot() with xaxs="i" and yaxs="i". It reduces the default
> 4% increase on data range on both axis.

thanks for your answer and sorry for the weak explanation of the
problem.
To put it another way:
consider the following simple statement:
hist(rnorm(100))
how can I influence drawing of the axis so that they lie directly on the
edges of the bars? The solution on this I think could directly be
applied to my problem.

regards,
Albert