[R] clean programming

cgenolin at u-paris10.fr cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Sun Dec 16 15:25:20 CET 2007

Hello the list,

I am trying to write a "cleanProgramming" function to test the
procedure I use. For example, I want to be sure that I am not using
globals variables. The function "findGlobals" detect that.

To list the globals used in function "fun", the syntax is :
"findGlobals(fun,FALSE)$variable"

My problem is that I want to use it in a function, something like :

cleanProg <- function(name){
  if(length(findGlobals(name,FALSE)$variable>0){
    cat("Warnings: there is globals is function ",name,"\a\n")
  }
}

But findGlobals take a function as first argument, not a variable
containing a function name.

Anyway to solve that?

Christophe