[R] rcom close Excel problem

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 03:57:04 CET 2007

I know it won't answer your question exactly, but using comGetObject
instead of comCreateObject won't create new Excel instances, so at
least you won't have more than one processes running, so this might
solve some of your problems.

As for your second problem, I would venture to guess you need your
paths with double backslashes instead of slashes. The following just
worked over here:

  wb<-comInvoke(comGetProperty(obj,"Workbooks"),"Open", "C:\
\Documents and Settings\\Haris\\Desktop\\test1.xlsx")

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College