[R] train nnet

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 17:14:07 CET 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 10:52 AM, G Ilhamto <gilhamto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi R-helpers,
>
> Can some one tell me how to train 'mynn' of this type?:
> mynn <- nnet(y ~ x1 + ..+ x8, data = lgist, size = 2, rang = 0.1,
> decay = 5e-4, maxit = 200)

nnet will estimate model parameters for the model that you have specified.

If you want to understand what parameters (e.g. size, decay) should be
used, the train function in the caret package uses a variety of
resampling methods to help pick those parameters (and will refit the
model based on that). There are similar functions in other packages
(like e1071).

Install the caret package and use vignette("caretTrain") to see the details.

--

Max