[R] How to use R to estimate a model which has two sets of lagged time series independent variables

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:41:55 CET 2007

If you don't need a complex error structure then the dyn package
(and also the dynlm package) can do it. Using R's builtin
EuStockMarkets time series:

library(dyn)

z <- as.zoo(EuStockMarkets)
mod1 <- dyn$lm(DAX ~ lag(DAX, -(1:2)) + lag(FTSE, -(0:2)), z)
mod1

# compare to model without FTSE
mod2 <- dyn$lm(DAX ~ lag(DAX, -(1:2)), z)
anova(mod2, mod1)