[R] Sys.setlocale() and text()

Ed Merkle edgar.merkle at wichita.edu
Wed Dec 12 16:20:30 CET 2007

Thanks very much for the response.  I think I left out an important
detail, however.

I want my lowercase sigma to be displayed in a specific font from the
Rdevga file (my project involves fonts).  So far as I know, quote() does
not allow me to select a font.  Thus, I am specifically interested in
the text() command and reasons why my example code performs differently
in R 2.3.0 vs 2.6.1.

Thanks,
Ed