[R] Writing a file to the disk

Thomas L Jones, PhD jones3745 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 11 23:13:10 CET 2007

I am having difficulty writing the code for the following operation:
I have a numeric vector pred_out of length 156. (N = 156). Under Windows XP,
I need to write it to the disk in text format. Perhaps some kind soul would
provide the code fragment. The file name is sheet_vec.txt. Please see [1]
for the complete pathname.

Each number to be written out has the following format:

LL.RRRRRR where LL is the integral part and RRRRRR is the fractional part to
six decimal places. Example: "10.226207" The integral part, LL, is a maximum
of two digits long. All numbers are positive.

Another hypothetical example:

10.226207
 6.556988
 4.395678
etc. Each number is to be on a separate line. Please correct me if I am
wrong: A \n (newline) character ends each line.

After writing the file, it can be closed but not destroyed. (What I plan to
do next is copy and paste the pred_out data into a spreadsheet.) Compressed
formats (zip, etc.) should be avoided if possible.

Your ideas?

Tom Jones

[1] The full Windows pathname is:

C:/Documents and Settings/Tom/My Documents/Election Day Study Nov 7, 06/
  > sheet_vec.txt

Sorry, but the pathname is too long to fit on one line.