[R] editor under MAC system

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Tue Dec 11 15:03:04 CET 2007

Le mar. 11 déc. à 07:03, Neil Shephard a écrit :

> YIHSU CHEN-3 wrote:
>>
>> Dear R-user;
>> I recently switched from PC to MAC.  Is there a compatible editor as
>> Win-editor with package RWinEdit for MAC?
>>

> I'd recommend using Emacs with ESS (see http://ess.r-project.org/).
> The
> advantage of this (beyond the seamless integration) is that its pretty
> platform neutral, and what you learn on your new Mac system will be
> portable
> (i.e. the same method of writing/interacting with your R script/
> session
> whether your on Mac/M$-windows/*NIX variant).

I concur. Emacs is one of very few cross-platform editors with a
special mode for R/S-Plus. If you want to give Emacs a try, I
recommend Aquamacs (http://aquamacs.org) on OS X. It ships with the
latest ESS and is better integrated to the OS than a regular Emacs.

In the future, post Mac related question to r-sig-mac, though.

HTH     Vincent