[R] Odp: help with fatal error message

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Dec 11 10:58:34 CET 2007

Hi

AFAIK sometimes this can happen if your .Rdata was saved when some
packages had been in action. But in that case you should have your message
extended with someting like:

"cannot load package ...." or similar.

It helped me when I started plain R session invoked necessary packages and
opened a particular workspace. However if your .Rdata is corrupted I do
not know about any procedure how to restore it. Therefore it is
recommended to save copies of your data in other formats (txt, csv, ...)
and I usually save history periodically to separate files so I can go back
to what I have done before.
Regards

Petr
petr.pikal at precheza.cz