[R] 00LOCK error with site-library

Mark W Kimpel mwkimpel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 22:43:20 CET 2007

I have identical R.profiles and R_HOME directories set up on both my
local machine and a remote linux cluster. To keep my libraries and R
install separate, I use a site-library on both machines.

The first line of my .Rprofile is:
'.libPaths(new= "~/R_HOME/site-library") #tell R where site-library is'

Until R-2.6.0 this was working fine on both machines, but since I have
been unable to upgrade packages on the remote machine. Every attempt at
upgrade results in a directory '00LOCK' being place in the
site-directory and then the upgrade fails.

This has happened with R-2.6.0, 2.6.1, and now with R-devel (2.7.0).

If I have this setup incorrectly I am puzzled as to why it works with my
local machine and why it worked with versions of R prior to 2.6.0.

Ideas?
Thanks,
Mark

--

Mark W. Kimpel MD  ** Neuroinformatics ** Dept. of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine

15032 Hunter Court, Westfield, IN  46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail
(317) 204-4202 Home (no voice mail please)

mwkimpel<at>gmail<dot>com