[R] Sweave : change value in rnw file to generate multiple "single" reports ?

Ptit_Bleu ptit_bleu at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 10 17:25:54 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm still trying to make the life of my colleagues easier. Nice, isn't it ?
At the moment, I'm looking for a way to generate multiple "single report".
In fact I have a .rnw file which send a query to a MySQL database
(rs<-dbSendQuery(con, statement="select * from treatdata where
name='Device1'")

But of course my colleagues have many devices and don't want to enter the
rnw file to change the name of the device.

Is there a way to pass arguments to Sweave like Sweave("myfile.rnw",
namevar="Device2") and it will change namevar by Device2 into the file
myfile.rnw before creating the .tex file ?
Or is it possible to do it via another language, that is: loading the rnw
file, modifying it, saving it and finally calling Sweave ?

Whatever the solution, I need you help. In advance thank you.
Ptit Bleu.