[R] lattice: placing y-axis labels on right-hand side of panel when relation="sliced"

John G. Bullock john.bullock at aya.yale.edu
Mon Dec 10 01:30:34 CET 2007

Hello,

        I'm using lattice to create a multi-panel figure.  I would like
to draw each panel's y-axis ticks and labels on the right-hand
side of the panel.  Ordinarily, I would do this by specifying
scales=list(y=list(draw=T, alternating=2)).  But in this case, I am
using relation="sliced" to determine the y-axis limits.  So
"alternating" is ignored.  Is there any way -- short of using grid
functions -- to place the y-axis ticks and labels on the right-hand
sides of these panels?

        I checked the R Graph Gallery and the figures to Deepayan's
new book but saw nothing that would help.  I'm using R 2.5.0 and
lattice 0.16-1 on Windows XP.

Thank you,
--John