[R] R help mailing system configuration change?

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Dec 7 08:40:30 CET 2007

정 태훈 <hoontaechung <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I got a reply for my previous several postings saying that I was
> spamming the r-help mailing list.
> I am very sorry to all subscribers if I did that.
> But I've been reposting my message to the mailing list several times
> because I didn't know whether my help post was actually posted or not.
> I remember from my previous experiences that, when I post a message, I
> can see my own posting myself.
> But this time, I didn't see my own message so I thought my message got
> dropped for some reasons.
> Was there any change in r-help mailing system configuration?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tae-Hoon Chung
>
> Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (KCDC)
> Korea National Institute of Health (KNIH)
> Center for Genome Sciences, Biobank for Health Sciences
>
> 194 Tongil-ro, Eunpyoung-gu, Seoul, 122-701, Korea

I have to second that, the same for me. The only way to access this list is via
gmane, otherwise orbitl.com (a Ceylon-based anti-spamming list) will jump in. We
have a dynamic address, so this list seems ban whole ranges.

I have tried to remove me from orbitl; it may have worked or not, because of the
dynamic address I do not always track. I tried to contact the webmaster at ETH
twice, but got no response.

This is an annoyance; I know that I should contact orbitl every time, but since
that organization is a mess, it better would be removed from the ETH
anti-spamming list.

Dieter