[R] Using expression in Hmisc Key()

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu Dec 6 19:22:59 CET 2007

Michael Kubovy <kubovy <at> virginia.edu> writes:

> This is one of the cases where I wish there were a function that
> "exercised" all the arguments of a graphics function by visualizing
> the effect of changing  two or three levels of each argument (one by
> one, of course). This might have the side effect of allowing authors
> to shorten documentation. I have in mind adding a method to each
> graphics function, and having the author specify the two or three
> instructive levels of each argument. See the exhaustive exploration by
> J.R. Lobry, A.B. Dufour & D. Chessel of the graphical parameters
> accessible by par(), at

> http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/R/fichestd/tdr75.pdf

That looks like a nice source for classical graphics, but I fear that it will
have a limited readience because of the language (Disclaimer: I am not working
for Time Magazine, my French is acceptable, and we drink their wine. ).

Even reading such stuff in German is difficult for me, because of the required
switching between computer terms and translation.

For lattice, show.settings() is a good starter. Too bad it's miles from showing
the complete set of options. No student around looking for the first steps to
fame?

Dieter