[R] hclust in heatmap.2

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Dec 6 15:21:44 CET 2007

affy snp wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am using heatmap.2(x) to draw a heatmap. Ideally, I want to the matrix
> x clustered only by columns and keep the original order of rows unchanged.
> Is there a way to do that in heatmap.2()?
>
> Thanks a lot! Any suggestions will be appreciated!

 From the help page:

Arguments:

        x: numeric matrix of the values to be plotted.

     Rowv: determines if and how the _row_ dendrogram should be
           reordered.  By default, it is TRUE, which implies dendrogram
           is computed and reordered based on row means. If NULL or
           FALSE, then no dendrogram is computed and reordering is done.
           If a 'dendrogram', then it is used "as-is", ie without any
           reordering. If a vector of integers, then dendrogram is
           computed and reordered based on the order of the vector.