[R] colour coded points in biplot

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Dec 6 10:52:18 CET 2007

Dear all

I tried to make a biplot with color coded labels but I was not successful.
Searching archives I found that it is probably not so simple.
I found
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/05/01/10661.html

which recommends eqscplot

eqscplot(fit$score[,1], fit$score[,2], pch = 20, col=c(rep(2,10),
rep(3,40)), cex=2)

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/05/01/10661.html

or I can use plot itself, but then I was not able to find how to add
arrows.

The closest I get is

fit<-(princomp(USArrests, cor = TRUE))
biplot(fit , xlabs=rep("", 50))
points(fit$score[,1], fit$score[,2], pch = 20, col=c(rep(2,10),
rep(3,40)), cex=2)

and use some suitable scaling before calling points.

My question is if there is some other easier approach to get color coded
points in biplot?

Petr Pikal
petr.pikal at precheza.cz