[R] Working with "ts" objects

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 05:07:37 CET 2007

anscombe is built into R already so you don't need to read it in.
An intercept is the default in lm so you don't have to specify it.

opar <- par(mfrow = c(2,2))
plot(y1 ~ x1, anscombe)
reg <- lm(y1 ~ x1, anscombe)
reg
abline(reg)
...etc...
par(opar)

Note that plot(anscombe[1:2]) and lm(anscombe[2:1]) also work.

read.table returns a data frame whereas ts requires a vector
or matrix so none of your ts code will work.  as.matrix(DF)
or data.matrix(DF) will convert data frame DF to a matrix.