[R] Displaying numerics to full double precision

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 22:43:34 CET 2007

On 12/5/07, Jeff Delmerico <jeffdelmerico at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to change the display or storage settings
> so that the values will be displayed to their full precision?   Or does
> rnorm only produce values to single precision?

As far as I know (beware, I'm a novice), internally R stores to and
uses full precision. The display of the data, however, is controlled
by "digits". You'd need to put, say, options(digits=7) in your
Rprofile.site (if it doesn't exist, creat it in the R etc/ folder).
You might also be interested by "scipen". Check ?options.

Regards,
Liviu