[R] How can I use Adehabitat to obtain an .asc object with the predicted values of a niche model?

Núria Roura nrouraonline at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 18:14:23 CET 2007

Dear all,

I'm using the package adehabitat in R to import several .asc files
(=matrix),
and also create a kasc object (=dataframe) with all of them.

The main idea is to use this kasc object to map the predicted values of
climate-matching model for an overall area. However, I don't know how to
proceed: Do I have to project the model (already stored in R) onto the kasc
object directly, or convert the kasc object to a data frame where each row
refers to a pixel?

On the other hand, I would also like to know how to obtain the XY
coordinates for each row of the kasc object.

Thank you very much. Cheers,

Núria Roura