[R] ggplot2: Choosing colours

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Mon Dec 3 12:02:42 CET 2007

Dear useRs,

I'm trying to specify the colour of a factor with ggplot2. The example
below gets me close to what I want, but it's missing a legend.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thierry

library(ggplot2)
dataset <- data.frame(x = rnorm(40), y = runif(40), z = gl(4, 10, labels
= LETTERS[1:4]))
ggplot(data = dataset, aes(x = x, y = y, group = z)) + geom_point(colour
= c("red", "green", "blue", "black"))

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully
considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt
A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of
uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney