[R] Bugreport on integration of Sweave and latex beamer

Ajay Shah ajayshah at mayin.org
Fri Aug 31 08:16:06 CEST 2007

I think I have isolated a problem with integration between Sweave and beamer.

Could you please see the file:
      http://www.mayin.org/ajayshah/tmp/bugdemo.Rnw

Unfortunately, it uses some of my internal libraries, so you can't run
it. When I put it through Sweave, I get:

      http://www.mayin.org/ajayshah/tmp/bugdemo.tex

which is, of course, a generic latex file which you can read and run.

When I try to use pdflatex, I get the error:

(/sw/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ae/t1aett.fd)
Runaway argument?
> prices <- cbind(mydb("macro", "nifty", freq = "w"),
mydb("firm.pric\ETC.
! Paragraph ended before \FV at BeginScanning was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.60 \end{frame}

?

I transplanted the R code from bugdemo.Rnw into an ordinary latex
article context, and everything works fine. Hence, I'm sure it's
something to do with the integration between Sweave and beamer. Are
there some catches that I ought to know about?

--
Ajay Shah                                      http://www.mayin.org/ajayshah
ajayshah at mayin.org                             http://ajayshahblog.blogspot.com