[R] Another issue with the Matrix package *under R-devel*

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 30 16:36:06 CEST 2007

I suspect you have not using a re-installed Matrix after re-building R.
I can reproduce the problem using a version of Matrix I installed under
2.5.1, but not with one installed under R-devel this week.

Since R-devel is 'Under development' you may need to reinstall packages
when it changes.  This is particularly prevalent with S4-using packages,
as the methods code tends to capture the value of objects as they existed
when a package was installed.  In this case log() was changed quite a few
weeks ago, but Matrix needs to be reinstalled after other changes last
weekend.

For the record, the packages I know need to reinstalled under a recent
R-devel are Matrix, distr, kernlab, kinship and matlab (but there may be
others).

And please use the appropriately named R-devel list for questions about
R-devel.